Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Neopol #86

I've got to say that I've kind of dreaded Belvedere Square day. Not because it wouldn't be fun, but because it feels far away. Its really not. Don't know what I was thinking. So, earlier that day, I'm getting my hair cut (no - this will be relevant to food - promise!), and there's a guy (Jim) in there from upstairs who works for Martek. Great company. And, of course, I'm getting ready to head out that night with Jeff and the rest of the foodie gang to Belvedere Square and so I ask if he knows Jeff. Not only does he know him, but they work closely and of course he would love to join us and surprise Jeff. Fun!!

So, Jeff is driving Heather and Bridget (yay- joining us for yet another fun foodie event!) from Federal Hill and Jeff and I meet at my new office building. Jeff's late. So I'm stalling. But Jeff knows a mystery guest is joining and he's guessing everyone under the sun. But, he doesn't guess Jim, and he is more than completely surprised when he arrives - mission accomplished!!

OK - now back to the food. Love the market at Belvedere. Love Neopol and all their smoked platters (we tried two seafood ones - each was so great), and really loved the fact that we could eat the market food while sipping on wonderful wine from Grand Cru. So, let me back up (is this posting all over the place or what??) We order the platters at Neopol, and then most of us got sparkling flights from Grand Cru - one each of cava, prosecco and champagne. Surprisingly, we were split on our favorites but most preferred either the cava or prosecco - no champagne. Interesting! Of the food, the smoked salmon was of course popular, smoked trout not as much , smoked oysters very mixed reaction and the honey mustard salmon was the clear winner. Ryan joined us, and the group was set for the night. Successful first stop - check. Now onto the rest of Belvedere Square...

No comments:

Post a Comment